After making your reservation for your Smoky Mountains cabin rental, the packing process begins. Here are a few specific items that you should consider for your comfort and convenience.
1. Bug Repellent-It has been a wet summer season here this year, and the insect population has flourished along with the beautiful plant foliage in our area. There’s no reason to be miserable with itchy bites or buzzing annoyances, when they can be prevented. While enjoying the outdoors, plan for a quick spray of repellent along with your sunscreen, and for an omission of perfumes and fragrant lotions that may attract unwanted flying suitors.
2. Allergy Medications-Our verdant, blooming countryside also actively provokes hay fever type allergies and those allergic to bees, who are attracted to flowers. Be prepared so you won’t be inadvertently sidelined with any allergic distractions.
3. Portable Power Strip-Since today’s entertainment and communication requires multiple electronic devices per family, a multi-plug power strip can centrally locate all recharging needs in a single spot. This also avoids small items and their cords being left behind in a hidden corner outlet.
4. Crockpot Slowcooker-Assuming you will utilize the cabin’s kitchen to enjoy family meal favorites, it is a wonderful moment to arrive back to a fragrant, ready-to-eat meal in a cozy cabin after a long, hard day of tourist activities. Alternatively, prepare overnight and awake to breakfast ready for a crowd.
5. Sevier County map-Whether looking for a specific road, or planning a trail hike, GPS systems quickly go “off the grid” in our mountainous region. There are multiple areas in the county that are unmapped or not updated recently to many GPS systems. So, print out specifics before leaving home, or pick up a map when you reach town.
Google map of Sevier County.
Our beautiful corner of the world can be secluded and peaceful, but there are many retail locations for all of your basic needs. Discounters Walmart and Kmart, and drugstores Walgreens and CVS, along with independent pharmacies are all available. Grocery stores Kroger and Food City (a regional chain) also have multiple locations for your convenience. So don’t sweat regarding a search for any items you may still need when you arrive.
We look forward to seeing you (and all your luggage) here at Volunteer Cabin Rentals. Please come stay with us soon!